|Main function of Accounts department is follows:|
Basically Gazipur City Corporation (GCC) is a non profitable organization. GCC prepare budget under City Corporation Ordinance-2009, Section-76. Accounts department submitted consolidated Departmental estimated budget to Budget committee/ Finance and Establishment Standing Committee. Committee review and examine the estimated budget and forward to Honorable Mayor for approval. After approval Honorable Mayor sends the budget to special budget meeting of the Councilors. After discussion in the meeting the Councilors pass the budget. A copy of passed budget is forwarded to the Ministry of Local Government, Rural Development & Co-operatives (LGRD).
GCC has prepared budget financial year basis (July-June). The main head of the GCC budget are follows:
Revenue income budget.
Accounts department keeps record the daily transition from the original source of document to the book of original entry and summarized in the basis for the preparation of financial statement.
An improved chart of Accounts is designed to attain uniformly in recording and summarizing transition and preparing financial statements and its adaptability to future computerization. GCC Accounts department maintain chart of Accounts system manually. The chart of accounts are six grouped.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF MAIN WORKS IN ACCOUNTS DEPARTMENT
A. Budget Section:
1. Preparation of Budget.
2. Control & monitoring of Budget by the requirements of the authority.
3. Maintain & payment employees group insurance.
4. Maintain & payment security of contractors.
5. Maintain & payment Electricity, Gas, Water and Telephone bill.
B. Salary Section:
1. Preparation & Payment of employees salary bill of GCC.
2. Posting & Maintain of salaries establishment cheque register.
3. Preparation of statement of employees provident fund, income tax etc.
4. Posting all employees provident fund, individual account in PF register.
5. Payment & maintenance record of employees provident and gratuity.
6. Maintain individual Bank Accounts of salary of all regular staff .
7. Maintain individual Bank Accounts of P.F gratuity of all regular staff.
C. Bill Section (Income & Expenditure):
1. Posting & Maintain daily transaction in books of original entry.
2. Examine (pre-audit) & payment all contractors/suppliers bill.
3. Maintain Income Tax and VAT register.
4. Maintain advance register and ledger.
5. Maintain of Project Account.
6. Keeping and maintenance record of GCC fund.
7. Preparation financial statement.
8. Keeping all income and expenditure record in accounting software.
ORGANIZATION STRUCTURE OF ACCOUNTS DEPARTMENT
Md. Sayadur Rahman
Chief Accounts Officer
1st Floor, Gazipur City Corporation,
Phone : 88-02-9262150,8801711488685
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- About us
- Message of Mayor
- Ward 1
- Ward 6
- Ward – 26
- Ward – 31
- Ward – 36
- Ward – 41
- Ward – 46
- Establishment & Administration Department
- Engineering Department
- Revenue Department
- Accounts Department
- Health Department
- At a Glance